The Kingdom of God

by admin on November 28, 2009

in General, Uncategorized

Repent

Repent

I was walking around the house trying to wrap my head around the idea of the kingdom of God.  My vision of that, as shared by many who I have come to know through the internet and only two in real life, is that the kingdom of God is among us right here and now and available if we only decide to live it.  The kingdom of God is not the carrot at the end of a stick that a behaviorist ( or parent or priest) would wave in front of our faces to get us to be good.  But the kingdom of God is being good in the eye of God and as exemplified by Jesus.

The idea that I have a hard time understanding is why it is so difficult for us to convey this idea to people, today.  Yes, I realize that people have their own concerns and distractions in the collective illusion of us all trying to win the game of life for us and our family.  But why is it so difficult for our preachers to explain the kingdom of life to everyone?

I feel the need to shout it from the rooftops.  I was joking with my wife that I could go to the airport, or perhaps downtown on a street corner and tell people to repent be cause the kingdom of God is at hand, but I somehow don’t believe they would listen.  Maybe if I made a sign too….

There has to be a way to communicate this.  Jesus did, and we are not listening.  There has to be a way.

Dave

{ 8 comments }

t1ksnipa December 2, 2009 at 8:52 am

Its not our job to make people believe. we are in the fortunate position of just having to relay his message to people. Its wonderfull how easy he has made it for us. I mean sure its hard to just preach the gospel, especailly if its to someone you know fairly well. More often then not, and im not sure as to how many people this applies, but i worried about losing that friend. but thats because i dont fully understand the glory of heaven. If we were to fully understand it we would not have any trouble of trying to convey the message to anyone. In my opinion.

Dave December 3, 2009 at 9:27 am

Thanks for your thoughts, they help. In my failings I continue to get frustrated by things not happening the way I want to have them happen. But you are right, it is not up to me but up to God. Some day I will embody that.

Dave

t1ksnipa December 4, 2009 at 9:09 am

just out of curiosity, how many people actually blog on this site?

Dave December 4, 2009 at 2:16 pm

How many? Well, let me see, you, me……well 2 right now :)

Some are reading and not contributing, yet. We shall see.

Thank you for contributing.

Dave

t1ksnipa December 8, 2009 at 8:43 am

Do you mind if i invite some friends of mine to post also post on here? Ill tell them to take it seriously.

Dave December 10, 2009 at 2:43 pm

t1ksnipa,

Thanks for your interest. I have the site set up so people can only post replies to items I put up, but would be interested in discussing other arrangements given my interest is in advancing the thoughts around Christian beliefs. Your post has provoked quite a few questions in my mind about this since I would have to give you access to making an origninal post. I don’t know what the security implications would be for that…

But certainly as far as responding to posts, the more the merrier.

Dave

T1ksnipa December 10, 2009 at 3:43 pm

alright. Well ive been talking to a few people and they seem to be really intrestred and excited about being able to comment/post about religious beliefs/topics. The last site that i had been posting on dosent allow for any type of religious insight or discussion, so we are all fairly excited at finding one devoted to such. I appreciate your time.

-t1ksnipa

t1ksnipa December 12, 2009 at 10:58 am

dear dave,
I was talking to my friends, and they wondered if you could make it so you would be able to approve the posts before they are allowed to be popsted on the site.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: